My oldest daughter is almost as tall as me and she is smart and beautiful and she is growing up!
We tell her all of the time that we never really planned for her to be out of the baby bjorn.
joking, of course
well… half joking
What can do I do about this – this growing up thing? Nothing!
Can’t do anything except that maybe we try and grow together.
She talks- hopefully I listen.
I talk- hopefully she listens.
If only it were that easy.
What does this have to do with veggie chili?
Not much — Except that things are a changing and it’s fall.
It’s when I eat veggie chili.
Veggie Chili (this is a recipe that I contributed to a cookbook that I just finished up shooting)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. chili powder
2 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 zucchini chopped
1 yellow zucchini chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
2 cans (28oz.) diced tomatoes
6 oz. mushrooms chopped
2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
1 medium red pepper cored, seeded and chopped
2-3 cups water
1 can chick peas
1 can kidney beans
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups cooked quinoa
sour cream – optional garnish
avocado – optional garnish
• Cook quinoa according to package
• In a large pot heat oil. Add chopped onions and garlic. Cook until tender
• Add the chili powder and cumin. Continue to cook for 2 minutes
• Add carrots, zucchini, celery and sweet potatoes and continue to cook for 5 more minutes stirring frequently
• Add red pepper and mushroom. Cook 5 more minutes stirring frequently
• Add diced tomatoes, chick peas, kidney beans, tomato paste and water
• Bring to a low boil, add corn and quinoa, cover and lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes
• Garnish with sour cream and avocado if desired